Spun Iron Cloche - $ 112.00
Spun Iron Cloche
Spun Iron Cloche
COME A LITTLE CLOCHER
By Netherton Foundry, based in Shropshire
- Heavy duty iron, for baking the perfect golden loaf (esp sourdough!)
- Bell retains steam + improves crust
- Preseasoned with flax oil for a natural nonstick finish
- No sweat: it's safe in ovens up to 300ºC/572ºF
- Handmade by skilled artisans in Britain, and made to be passed down
- Baking Tray sold separately
Spun iron bell
Cast iron top handle
Stainless steel fittings
12.25"D x 7.5"H
Wash with hot water. Do not use soap or detergent. Dry immediately on low heat. For best results, an extra seasoned coating is recommended before first use.
Located in the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution (South Shropshire), Netherton Foundry is a family owned operation with over three decades of cookware design experience. Drawing inspiration directly from 18th + 19th century Shropshire iron masters, this heritage brand builds quality products that are made to last, with locally-sourced materials + an emphasis on honoring their beautiful hometown.
SHOP NETHERTON FOUNDRY
You Might Also Like
Go ahead, allow your mind to wander.
Ratings & Reviews
- DanaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 minutes ago5 Stars
We use these for food service in a modern home. They are gorgeous. I’ve also baked bread in one of them and it came out beautifully!
- Frank K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoThe perfect addition to my pizza steel
Suprisingly light, well packaged, makes cooking bread easier. Already have a oizza steel? Then you just need a dome to keep that steam in and make great sourdough bread.
- Sherryl F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 month agoLove It, but…
I was so excited to receive it and use it. I had even mixed up a batch of sourdough to be able to bake in it within a few hours of arrival. You can imagine my disappointment when I realized that I would need to season it first with Flax oil. My guess is that many/most of us don’t have that ingredient sitting around, nor is it readily available in many/most grocery stores. I even tried a health food store. Nada. You might suggest that the manufacturer include a small tea bag size packet of the oil for the initial seasoning.
Now, having acquired the oil, seasoned the cloche, and baked in it, I can say I LOVE IT! My arthritic hands can handle it so much more easily than the cast iron Dutch oven I’ve been using for years.
- Matt K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoWorks great
This cloche is awesome. I really like how my boules turn out when I use it. The crust is beautiful and just the right amount of crispy. The interior is soft and moist. However, be aware what although the tray is featured prominently in the photos it is not included with the bell/cloche. I use it atop an old pizza stone.
- Christopher W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoWood oven and commercial oven avoidance
So I bought this thinking it also came with a base. I missed the description that mentioned this. Fact is though I just bought two 21”x16”x1/2” thick steel plates off of EBay for baking pizza (2 plate method) and this is a perfect base for the cloche lid. Just baked two loafs and came out great. I’m still an amateur baker in the sourdough bread arena and have many loafs to bake before I can brag though. I love how light the lid is. Far easier than using the crock pot.
I really wanted a wood pizza oven but I think my recent purchases will suffice with my electric oven and will still allow me to bake some good pizzas and bread.