C1 Casserole Pan
C1 Casserole Pan
- By UK-based Crane Cookware
- Casserole Pan finished with a specially formulated matte black enamel inside and out that improves its resistance to thermal shocks and scratches
- Ideal for sautéing, caramelizing, searing, braising, and baking
- Will gradually “burn in” as it's used + will take on a brownish patina
- Made in France
Material: Vitreous enameled cast iron Dimensions: 12"L x 9"D x 6"H
Start by seasoning your cast iron. This helps create a natural, non-stick surface. First, scrub well with warm soapy water. You should only use soap the first time you wash your cast iron. Dry thoroughly.
Spread a thin layer of vegetable shortening, lard, or bacon grease over the surface. We wouldn’t recommend vegetable oil for this. We love to use Netherton Foundry’s Cast Iron Oil, made from flax grown in the UK.
Heat your oven to 375 degrees and place your cast iron upside down on a middle rack. Bake for 1 hour, then let cool completely in the oven.
If you love your cast iron, do this regularly and your cast iron will love you back.
For ongoing care, hand wash with hot water (no soap!) and use a stiff non-metal brush or sponge to remove any residue. We know you know but just in case, we have to say it: don’t put your cast iron in the dishwasher. Dry right away, all the way. This prevents rust. We like to stick it on the stovetop to quickly evaporate water.
You Might Also Like
Go ahead, allow your mind to wander.
Ratings & Reviews
- Mary C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 month agoFavorite!
I have bought this casserole for 3 locations.It is simple and functional. I was a winery chef for 25 years and wish I had found them sooner!